Todays post is brought to you by the letters MNF. In case you are: not an nfl fan, a retarded atlanta resident, a girl who cares about purses and the color pink... tonight, your Atlanta Falcons will be hosting the Philadelphia Eagles.
This game has several implications:
- its a rematch of last years NFC Championship game (philly won, and went to SB XXXIX)
- Vick has never beat philly
- our tv schedule FINALLY includes several MNF games
- national tv audience adds additional pressure, as if it wasnt already there
- both teams have upgraded their defense and offensive players
- this is most likely the NFC Championship game that will be played later, so every W counts
- the Dome is sold out and the decibel level inside will dwarf that of a small airport
in a crazy turn of events, Shoobie has acquired two tickets to tonights game last minute. i am hoping to walk away with a big smile, bloodshot squinty eyes, and no voice. wost case scenarios include seeing TO do a new 'end zone move' on our turf for the whole nation to see, westbrook running over 150 yards, and no forced turnovers by our stacked D. best case scenarios include roddy white debuting for a record 10 receptions, mike vick actually running the ball on the eagles, 200+ yards passing, our cover corner d. hall INT'ing bullet passes, and of course the madden curse affecting mr. campbells soup in week 1, leaving koy detmer to huck it to TO and the other lame receiving core philly has.
expect a relatively low score, i would bet the under if i were you. these are both running teams with exceptional run stopping defense.
either way i will be posted up in the 300 level seats getting a nose bleed and busting my eardrums with the rest of the dirty south.
i am actually juuust black enough to own this jersey...