Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Bookmark this Blog!

96 rock vs. 93 dave fm

if anyone in this town knows anything about classic rock, it is common knowledge that david and goliath are fighting over our dollar dollar bills for listening coverage. david, represented fittingly by 93 Dave FM(formerly 92.9 Z93). goliath, the longtime contender belt wearing heavyweight tko mother fuckers of rock 96.1 96 ROCK.

vs.

i hope everyone follows. smart people, explain it to the stupid ones. so its 2 pm, lunch break is over. i am driving in shitty ATL rain combined with shitty ATL drivers who are all in shitty ATL traffic. picture that before you move on. i am tko'ed myself but i am a good driver, so its all chedda... Dave FM is on the dial. Bittersweet Symphony, by the Verve comes on. What a fucking summation of all that is fucked up and ungodly in the world. you ready for the lyrics? here goes:

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life.
Try to make ends meet
You're a slave to money then you die.
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet yeah,
No change, I can change I can change, I can change
But I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold
But I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change- my mold
No, no, no, no, no

OK, so now I switch over to 96 rock once the commercial cuts and here is what happens. Southside Steve, who is like a redneck racist funny attacks everyone ridiculous stereotyping to the point of irony radio DJ. he goes... were just rockin out on this rainy wednesday. and im steve and im here to ROCK! U2 Streets Have No Name comes blaring out of my stereo. I crank up the bose... this shit is fucking real rock!

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name
I want to feel sunlight on my face
I see the dust cloud disappear
Without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain
Where the streets have no name(3x)


See the difference? how much better is 96 rock's rainy day song than 93 dave fm's rainy day song? 96 rock pumps you up despite the fact that its shitty out. dave fm makes you feel cold and empty and extra shitty on top of the shit. that is why in this story, goliath will always win over david. you cant make your radio's motto "playing all the shit that you dont hear on the radio" because it just translates into "playing all the shit you never want to hear again on the radio". 96 rock remains champ of the classic rock radio. now they need to bring back the regular guys. BRING BACK THE REGULAR GUYS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home